Svenska Aerogel is looking to recruit an Engineer for Product Development to join the company. Svenska Aerogel manufactures and commercializes the nanoporous material Quartzene® for various industrial applications within the segments building & construction, transport, process industries and pulp & paper. In this role, you will have the exciting opportunity to be part of a highly skilled team and apply your expertise within material science and chemistry to accelerate ongoing product developments, support customers applications and help to provide new material solutions for a sustainable world. If this sounds interesting to you – come join us!
The position is full-time and based in our headquartered location in Gävle. We will evaluate candidates continuously and welcome your application today.
Main responsibilities/tasks include:
– Engage in hands-on development activities for the material platform and the product, Quartzene®
– Plan, perform, evaluate and report laborative activities and analytical experiments
– Coordinating and planning of product development projects with cooperation partners
– Drive improvement on existing methods and contribute in finding new ways of developing the material, production process and customer applications.
– Provide scientific expertise and knowledge-sharing to develop methods, products and analyses
– Share responsibility for procurement of instrumentation and laboratory equipments
– Participate in external meetings with clients and collaborators
Key qualifications for the position include:
• MSc in the areas of chemistry, material science or relevant disciplines
• Experience from the chemical industry, material techniques, coatings, or pulp and paper
• Experience from development of similar silica-based materials with various industrial applications is highly merited
• Experience in methods e.g. Particle size distribution, measurement of thermal conductivity, rheology is highly merited
• Analytical mind-set, good time-management skills and it is a strong plus if you have experience from Six Sigma or Lean
• Excellent written and verbal skills in both English and Swedish
We’re looking for a dedicated and organized team-player with an ability to manage multiple tasks independently and deliver on time. We believe that you are someone who enjoys putting theory into practice and engaging in scientific/technical problem-solving activities. Good communication and interpersonal skills are important to be a succeful member of the team. Since we are a smaller company, your personal attributes are very important. Thus, we are looking for someone with a can-do attitude and openness to taking on new responsibilities.
Our vision is to be the most valued business partner providing pioneering material solutions for a sustainable world!
Svenska Aerogel manufactures a unique product – Quartzene® Next Generation Aerogel. Quartzene allows materials to be used in different ways to give them entirely new properties. By adding Quartzene, the end product becomes more efficient by using less material, reducing weight, replacing plastic and saving energy. Svenska Aerogel helps industries to develop new products with properties that shape the future to be more sustainable. Svenska Aerogel currently has eighteen employees. Its production and office are in Gävle, about 200 km north of Stockholm. Svenska Aerogel Holding AB is the parent company in the Group and the operating activities are conducted by the wholly owned subsidiary Svenska Aerogel AB.