Svenska Aerogel is looking to recruit a Researcher for Product Development to join the company. Svenska Aerogel manufactures and commercializes the nanoporous material Quartzene® for various industrial applications within the segments building & construction, transport, process industries and pulp & paper. In this role, you will have the exciting opportunity to be part of a highly skilled team and apply your expertise within material science and chemistry to accelerate ongoing product developments, support customers applications and help to provide new material solutions for a sustainable world. If this sounds interesting to you – come join us!
The position is full-time and based in our headquartered location in Gävle. We will evaluate candidates continuously and welcome your application today.
Main responsibilities/tasks include:
– Engage in hands-on development activities for the material platform and the product, Quartzene®
– Plan, perform, evaluate and report laborative activities and analytical experiments
– Coordinating and planning of research and product development projects with collaborators
– Drive improvement on existing methods and contribute in finding new ways of developing the material, production process and customer applications.
– Provide scientific expertise and knowledge-sharing to develop methods, products and analyses
– Share responsibility for procurement of instrumentation and laboratory equipments
– Participate in external meetings with clients and collaborators
Key qualifications for the position include:
• MSc or PhD in the areas of organic chemistry, material science or relevant disciplines
• Experience from the chemical industry, coatings, material techniques, pulp and paper is highly merited
• Experience from research and development of similar silica-based nanomaterials with various industrial applications is highly merited
• Analytical mind-set and good time-management skills
• Excellent written and verbal skills in both English and Swedish
We’re looking for a dedicated and organized team-player with an ability to manage multiple tasks independently and deliver on time. We believe that you are someone who enjoys putting theory into practice and engaging in scientific/technical problem-solving activities. Good communication and interpersonal skills are important to be a succeful member of the team. Since we are a smaller company, your personal attributes are very important. Thus, we are looking for someone with a can-do attitude and openness to taking on new responsibilities.
Follow this link to apply (before March 28, 2021)